Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

One of the main reasons we come home over the 4th is because Tyler's mom's family has a BIG reunion every year, and it's the only time we get to see everyone. The family is getting SO big! It's fun to see all the kids play together and get to know eachother again after a year has passed. Tyler's aunt is so great to let everyone stay at her house since the family is from all over the place. It is a 3or 4 day event, but the main event is on the 4th. We had the big shin dig at a stake center complex this year. There was softball, a bounce house, food and games. It was really over cast, so it wasn't too hot, but a huge wind storm came through after dinner and blew things all over. I didn't know if they would be albe to do the fireworks that night because it was really windy all day, but it finally died down and we got to enjoy them from a distance this year. We usually go to the baseball field where they shoot them off and sit right under them, but it's really crowded and some of the little kids don't like it very much, so we decided to be farther away this year, and it worked out great.

1 comment:

kalani said...

I am so glad we got to see you guys. I wish you weren't so far away but at least you live somewhere fun. I am glad to see you made it home safely. You got some cute pictures of my kids that I didn't get on the 4th. Thanks. Miss you guys already.